Let our clients tell you about us
Our knowledge is built upon combined decades of expert experience in tax and accountancy so you can rest assured that the most important of financial decisions are in the most competent hands.
Value of a close relationship
“We value the close working relationship we have with Shabeer and the specialist teams at Shipleys Tax and have found them very knowledgeable, friendly and quick to respond to our queries. Shabeer has attended several of our practice meetings and his advice regarding partnership succession issues has been invaluable. I would highly recommend Shipleys to other GP practices.”
Dr K, GP Surgery – Yorkshire
Fixed fee promise and no surprise bills
“One of the most frequent issues we had with our previous accountants was not being made aware, in advance, of the fees to be charged! Shipleys Tax were a breath of fresh air, always completely transparent. And no charges for any phone calls or meetings!”
FM Medical Practice – Manchester
Partner led client service promise
“Accountants seem to promise the earth but don’t deliver do they? Well we found the opposite. Abdul made himself available on so many occasions and even on weekends when we had a really major panic with a sale. Really grateful to him for his advice and foresight. If we needed to talk, they listen. It really is that simple!”
Mrs Khan – JL Healthcare
“I came to Shipleys Tax through a personal recommendation, at the time I was in a transitional period. I had already taken some steps towards self-employment, however I had no idea what I was doing and the information I received from others was inaccurate for what I needed… I needed some one to understand and help me resolve all the mess I was creating.
Abdul stepped in just at the right time. He dealt with all the paperwork, as well as giving me valuable advice on how to save tax, which was cool. I felt I was looked after, my needs taken care of without me feeling like being a burden.
I would recommend Shipleys to anyone that wants an experienced professional team, they are always eager to help and support your company and offer advice when needed, but above all they are always willing to go over and beyond expectation every time!”
Latest news & blogs…
Self-employed clients may have difficulty proving their income when applying for a mortgage. To this end, HMRC have published details of mortgage providers and lenders who accept either a copy of the tax calculation (SA302) printed from the HMRC online account or a tax calculation printed from commercial software used to submit returns. The lenders also require a tax year overview which can be printed from the HMRC account.
The list of lenders who have agreed to accept tax calculations and tax year overviews that customers or their agents or accountants have printed is available on the Gov.uk website at www.gov.uk/government/publications/mortgages-providers-and-lenders-who-accwpt-a-sa302-tax-calculation-or-tax-year-overview.
Over the past few years the way in which landlords have been able to obtain relief for interest and other finance costs has been changing. The system of relief is moving from one of relief by deduction – which applies for 2016/17 and earlier tax years – to one under which relief is given as a basic rate tax reduction. From 2020/21, relief will be given in full as a basic rate tax reduction. Transitional rules apply for 2017/18 to 2019/20 inclusive as the changes are phased in, with some interest costs relieved by deduction and the balance as a basic rate tax reduction. For 2019/20, 25% of the interest costs can be deducted in computing profits, with relief for the remaining 75% being given as a tax reduction at the basic rate. Check with Shipleys Tax that you are obtaining relief for interest costs in the correct manner.
Call on 0114 275 6292 or email email@example.com.
MTD goes live
Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT went live from 1 April 2019. It applies to businesses with VATable turnover over the VAT registration threshold of £85,000 from the start of their first VAT accounting period on or after 1 April 2019, unless they fall within one of the categories of businesses with more complex affairs (such as those in a VAT group) in respect of which the start date is deferred until the start of the first VAT accounting period beginning on or after 1 October 2019.
Under MTD for VAT businesses must keep digital records and file their VAT returns digitally using MTD-compatible software.
Speak to Shipleys Tax to check what you need to do to comply with the requirements of MTD for VAT.
Call us on 0114 275 6292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.